Thursday, June 2, 2022

Did I know I would need this word this year? Possibly.

I am currently reading (listening to): I Guess I Haven't Learned That Yet by Shauna Niequest.


I had a feeling this one was going to be raw. It's why I took awhile to start listening to it. Empathy is strong ya'll. My instinct was to dive right in because Shauna Niequest is one of my favorite authors and she narrates her audio books, TOO!!

I even purchased the book on Audible and it just sat on the "shelf." But, I knew I wasn't ready.

Pause.

Confession: I had to dig deep to recall my word of the year (obviously I lost focus there) but the discovery that I got off track has good timing. My word of 2022 was (is): Resilience. How perfect is that?! Did I know I would need this word this year? Possibly.

Flash forward a month:

I am several chapters into my book now. I realize the timing of this too is just right for me to devour every word.

After a lot of ugly tears last night and conversation with Ryan (he said so many wonderful things to me), I am finding my way to be okay with learning a lot of knew things at once and being okay with not knowing what I am doing all the time.

The timing of this book in my life couldn't be more perfect. I find confidence and peace in the encouragement from my husband and team (and even Edee) as well as learning that an author as amazing as Shauna may not always have all the answers all the time either. Like duh! Who does?

Her words are forever helpful and useful to me. I can't wait to continue listening to her tell her story.

A reminder to myself: I am resilient. I have done hard things and can do these hard things. A great reminder for the season I am in right now.

Keep Loving,
Karlee

No comments:

Post a Comment