Monday, October 7, 2024

A Month of Celebrations

October is a month of celebrations. 

It's the month I joined the MIG team,

The month I became a Mom, 

and it's the month I married the love of my life. 

This month I am fortunate that I get to celebrate commitment, dedication, honesty, hope, growth, health, faith, joy and my favorite, love. 

11 years serving others, growing my marketing and design skills, growing in leadership and relationships with people I happily call my team. I read a saying the other day about make sure you work with good people then going to work is good too. My Grandpa always said, do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life. Some people are so wise. I find both things equally true. Not every day is perfect but, I do work with good people and I do love the work I do. 

Edee turned 12 on the 2nd. A friend reminded me on her birthday that the day is important for me too because it's the day I became a Mom. We celebrated in so many fun ways for her but I celebrated too. Seeing her happy, healthy and loving life is the best gift I could receive every year. 

And last, but not least, my wedding anniversary, which just happens to be today. Today we celebrate 13 years since we tied the knot, made the choice of a lifetime and said I do. I look back at our year together and remember times we laughed, times we cried, days we traveled far and days we stayed home, nights we were together and night we were apart. I know we had arguments, I can't event tell you what about. I know we had happiness and joy and love. I can tell you what that's about because I felt it through the days and still feel it now. 

Now you can see why October is my favorite month! It's a time of celebrations for so many beautiful reasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment