Thursday, August 13, 2026

Best back-to-school tip EVER!

When I pulled up Edee's 3-page school supply list. Yes, I said 3 pages. My first thought was, holy cow that's a lot of supplies. My second thought: How will she carry/manage all of these supplies? Several other thoughts followed like. We always have so many supplies left at the end of the school year. Will she actually use all of these? Donations? How? My giving heart wants to donate supplies to help these amazing teachers...maybe I can get a 2nd job to fund the donations list?


Am I the only Mom who had at least a few of these thoughts when you saw THE list? Back-to-school time is always a very transformational time. Moving from sleeping in and staying late, vegging out on the couch or "rotting my life away" as my 13 year old would say, to a schedule, higher demands, and all the socialization. It's a lot for both parents and kids.


As we help our kids through this transition, again this year school supplies should be the least of our worries. So, if you're like me and received a very long list of school supplies and slightly freaked out when you got it, check out my best back-to-school tip EVER:

1. Screen shot your kids school supplies list. (Assuming you're using a phone to access the list.)

2. Upload it to ChatGPT (I don't care if you're not a fan of AI or ChatGPT, once you use it you won't be able to deny how helpful it is.)

3. Paste the following into chat: "Can you combine the school supplies list and remove anything that is duplicate that my child won't need multiples of? For example if she needs pens and pencils for several classes, we'll just buy one pack."

4. Hit send and wait for the magic to happen. ✨

Our school supply list was organized by subject. There was a lot of repetitive items. What ChatGPT did in 3 seconds saved me a headache, time, and money. It did exactly what I asked it to do; organize the list, removing any duplicates that won't be needed. 

I hope this is helpful! Please share with all your Mom friends.

Best of luck in this Back-to-school season!

-Karlee

PS. If you want to take it a step further ChatGPT can also find best prices on any of the school supplies at stores near you!

PSS. If you're working with a tight budget I recommend contacting teachers mid-year to help them re-stock up supplies for their classroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment