Monday, October 2, 2023

11 Things on Your 11th Birthday

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! Today you're 11! This day jumped out right in front of me and took me by surprise. I'm not really sure how eleven years flew by but, here it is. Here you are! 11 years old!

To look at your beautiful face as it's changed has been an incredible experience. Watching you learn and grow is a gift you've given me every single day. Summing you up into 11 things may not be easy but, I'm going to try.

1. So freaking creative

Your creativity continues to shine through in all you do. This year you found a love for paper puppet dragons, YouTube short videos and painted masks. You continue to draw and write stories, sometimes in collaboration with your friend, Olivia.

2. Soaring through 5th grade

You are acing your tests and school work so far this year. After watching you struggle in 4th grade, then push yourself for major growth it's been awesome to see you ease into 5th grade! You think you have this grade handled and asked us to move up a grade because it's so easy.


 

3. Growing Friendships

Your ability to make friends has grown a lot in the last year. Gone are the days of being scared of talking to a complete stranger. You met your BFF, Maddi at the pool this Summer and have been inseparable since. You also met Olivia at writing club and had a sleepover with each of them. It makes my heart so happy you've found friends that fit your personality just right.

4. Singing

Still, you're not afraid to belt out a song at the top of your lungs. You still ask to turn up the radio every time a good song comes on and catch onto the lyrics easily. I'm still not sure if you're on key but, you chose choir for your music elective so I'm sure you're voice is about to grow even more.

5. Born Leader

Your preschool teacher called you a born leader and that's still true today. You love to take the lead and struggle when you have to follow. We're working on that.

 


6. Sensitive side

Even though you have confidence and determination, you still have a sensitive side. Your tears, few and far between, still break my heart. You're still so much like your Daddy and so much like me. 

7. Boba Tea

Your love for Boba Tea, always watermelon milk tea with no ice and passion fruit popping pearls (a rather tall order, if you ask me) is your favorite. I might even say you're obsessed.


 

8. Cats...correction, Therian.

To be honest, I think this new love for dressing up and acting like a cat is weird but aren't we all a little weird? And still, I love watching you play pretend. I just hope walking on all fours doesn't mess up your body.

 


9. Little, yet big entrepreneur

This year you made over 100 clay beads bracelets and set up a booth at Merchants & Makers. At the end of the show you put money into savings and some back into your business. Watching you sell your creations has always brought me joy. This experience was beyond that! I am so incredibly proud of you for sharing your creativity with the world.

 


10. Bedtime passionate chats

I'm still trying to figure out what it is about night time that brings all the deep thoughts out of you. You tell me the bad things and your worries, you ask me deep questions about purpose and if the planet will die. I decided to write all these things down so we can talk about them when we're not so tired.

11. Miss Personality

You have a big big personality! People love it, family and strangers a like and 99.9% of  the time I love it, too. As you grow it grows and your understanding of the fine line of being respectful and not too wild comes into focus. You keep me on my toes, striving to be the best Mom I can be for you.

 


Happy Birthday, Edee!!

I love you with all my heart,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment