Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Yesterday, I didn't do my best.

Yesterday,
I didn't do my best.
I wasn't strong.
I wasn't confident. 
I wasn't a good Mom.
I wasn't happy.
I wasn't loving.
I was mad.
I was very sad. 
I let anger win.
I let guilt seep in.
I let self doubt in.

rainbow over grand haven, sunrise,

Then, I saw this,

Then, I knew,

It is going to be okay. 

I am going to be okay. 


Sometimes the storms come in with waves of emotions that feel huge; too big to swim out of. Those are the days you have to be patient with yourself. Just as they teach you with a rip current, don't try to go against it. Swim parallel to the shore until you're out of the path of the current. Forcing it will exhaust you. Wait until the emotions subside.


Sometimes the calm arrives with a reminder smack dab in the middle of a painted sky. Sometimes it's subtle but, sometimes it's as obvious as a rainbow and the promise of hope, new beginnings and peace. 


You made it. You won the battle.

It's time to dust of your knees and do better now.

Do better than you did the day before.


Now the real work begins.


Self doubt won't get in.

Guilt won't seep in.

Let go of sadness.

Let go of madness.

You are loving.

You are happy.

You are a good Mom.

You are confident.

You are strong.


xoxo,
Karlee

No comments:

Post a Comment